Our political system is under attack from big-moneyed special interests that pour millions into elections and then lobby the people they’ve helped elect for special deals. It is under attack from Russian efforts to undermine our voting systems and cast doubt on election results. It is under attack by special interests that load up the tax system with loophole after loophole to avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Enough.
- I have pledged to reject corporate PAC money.
- I will cosponsor legislation to increase transparency and accountability in politics, like the DISCLOSE Act and the KOCH Act, both of which requires full disclosure of organizations’ donors if they engage in political advocacy.
- I will expand restrictions on foreign money in American politics, like the Get Foreign Money out of US Elections Act which expands restrictions on foreign money in American politics.
- I will support legislation requiring publicly traded companies to disclose political spending to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- I will fight to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United to stop the flow of corporate money into US elections.
- I will support efforts to modernize and secure US voting systems.
- I will call on social media services to examine foreign attempts to influence our elections in 2016 on their platforms, and to take steps to prevent it from happening again.